http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/paisley-sweetheart

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/paisley-sweetheart

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Newest Sewing Project.

Our curtians by our bay window were getting very very worn out.  We close them at bed time & when we go away to keep our dogs out of the bay window as we have plants in there.  But there have been several times that they have gotten in there any way.  Then as they come back out they have bent the rod & ripped the curtains.  We have replace the rod several times & I have put patches on the curtains.  You can see some of the patches at the bottom of this first picture.  But now they have started falling apart where we pull them back & forth.  I don't know if you can see the bent rod in the second picture or not. 













Here are the new curtains.  I had both fabrics in my stash. So the biggest cost was the hooks.  I got them on ebay they were a darker red then I hoped for.  I had a grand daughter ask if she could paint them for me.  We had a painting day last Sat.  I had 4 helpers.  We went with red, white & blue.  The stars do keep the curtains from opening as much as I'd like but that is ok too.  In this first picture of the curtains you can't see the bottom part of blue.  The blue have dots on it & the red has white stars, the tie back is a blue/white plaid. 




I have had this wall hanging for years given to me by my best friend.  I have used it as a inspiration for many of the other items in the living room so I figured I'd make the curtains to sort of match too. 

4 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

The new curtains look great. They are so bright and cheerful!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots if work....nice theme!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots if work....nice theme!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lots if work....nice theme!