http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/paisley-sweetheart

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/paisley-sweetheart

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Sewing Major Project

 I was asked by a neighbor girl if I could fix her doll.  I said yes before I realized what I was getting myself into.  These first three pictures show what the doll looked like when I got her. 









I had the doll for a few weeks before I started on fixing her.  I had to think about how to go about it.


The legs were really bad, so they had put duct tape on them.  I was afraid of what them might look like under the tape. 






The picture to the right shows what the legs did loo
 like under the tape.  I had to hand repair the big holes
 in the legs & feet.

 I got a pair of men's socks that was about the same color.  I made leg & arm covers to put over the old arms & legs.  I didn't want to spoil the old doll by removing the old parts so I just cover the bad parts.  I cut the heal of the sock for the face & embroidered a new face on.


 I figured she needed a new clothes too so made blue under pants & a red dress.  My daughter suggested since she had had red tape boots I should give her some red boots too.  So she has boots too. 
 She has gone back home to her "mamma" who was very happy for the improvement.  In her words the doll was claimed to be awesome. 


No comments: